A Les Forum would like to wish all of our readers and their families,
Healthy New Year
THE PHENOMENAL WOMENs COMMITTEE PRESENTS:
“TRIPLE DECADE CELEBRATION of MUSIC!”
dance the night away with music from the 70′s, 80′s and 90′s
SATURDAY DECEMBER 7, 2013
847 North Franklin & Poplar Streets
9pm – 1am
a dj cookie presentation…
“So, let me get this straight– You want me to stop being a lesbian and being attracted to women because it is a ‘sin’? Last time I checked, when you lie you are sinning. Sure, I could tell you I am no longer a lesbian or that I am no longer attracted to women and am straight, or I could even tell you the moon is made of cheese. I could tell you many things, but the moon will still not be made of cheese, and I will still not be attracted to men. I could tell you a lie in order to placate you, but isn’t the truth supposed to set me free? I choose truth over lies any day of the week. ”
~ Christina Marrero
GALAEI of PHILADELPHIA is Hiring!
TITLE: Trans-Health Information Project (TIP) Co-Coordinator
(Full-time position – 35 hrs. per week some evenings and weekends)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: GALAEI, a program partner of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC) is currently looking for an individual to fill the
peer-based position of Trans-Health Information Project (TIP) Co-Coordinator.
The TIP Co-Coordinator is responsible for co-coordinating the TIP program, including, but not limited to providing HIV risk-reduction
services to HIV+ and HIV-negative transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender variant (trans*) individuals. The Co-Coordinator is
responsible for ensuring program deliverables are met, including recruitment, counseling, and referrals. The Co-Coordinator works as part
of a team to oversee coordination and implementation of social justice services for trans* communities.
• Provide individual counseling to trans* individuals on various sexual health issues such as HIV testing, HIV prevention, HIV care if
infected, healthy sexual behavior, transitioning, etc.;
• Provide sexual health counseling designed to assist trans* individuals and their families deal with the psychosocial, emotional,
financial and environmental issues of HIV;
• Respond to clinician referrals and clients request for case management assessment and intervention within required response time;
• Perform initial comprehensive sexual health counseling assessment and develop a plan of intervention that addresses identified need
for crisis intervention, brief solution focused or grief and bereavement counseling, continuity of care planning and coordination of
needed community services;
• Provide patient and family education on psychosocial and adaptive aspect of the disease processes and offer education on
accessing relevant services and resources;
• Advocate to ensure linkage to appropriate services or resources for patients who are eligible for such; Participate in interdisciplinary
care planning and collaboration to ensure effective and efficient coordination of inpatient and ambulatory care resources;
• Perform all administrative tasks related to caseload such as medical record documentation, entitlement applications, departmental
statistics, continuity of care referral paperwork, team reports, etc.;
• Participate in organization grant related clinical and administrative meetings and activities;
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria
appropriate to the age of clients served in assigned service area;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MAJOR QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Trans* individuals strongly encouraged to apply;
• Ideal candidate will have minimum of Associates Degree;
• Bilingual/bicultural strongly preferred;
• Experience working with trans* individuals;
• Knowledge of HIV transmission and psycho-social issues related to risk behavior including sexual and substance abuse;
• Knowledge of sexuality, homophobia, gender identity and expression and other issues relating to trans* individuals;
• Must be able to work with diverse populations of people and provide effective outreach to the target population;
• Must be able to work as part of a team, demonstrate mutual respect for co-workers, and be committed to working from a sex positive
and harm-reduction perspective;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to facilitate groups;
• Must be highly organized, able to work under pressure, dynamic, creative, and self-motivated;
• Attention to detail and ability to take initiative in carrying out tasks to conclusion;
• Must be experienced with Microsoft Office and Internet.
To apply, send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Elicia Gonzales, 1207 Chestnut St., 5th Fl, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or email@example.com
UAC/GALAEI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MI GENTE! IT’S TIME TO SHOW YOUR PRIDE!
The community has been asking for it, and it has finally arrived! Join RAICES LATIN@ PRIDE, Philadelphia on September 28th 2013 for“ORGULLO,” Philadelphia’s official Latino Pride Celebration with two events in one day!
DAY EVENT: The day will kick off starting at 2 p.m with La Palabra, a day forum celebrating queer/lesbian Latinas through poetry and cuentos at Mascher Space Co-op on 155 Cecil B. Moore. This will be a tremendous showcase of talent and creativity by our lesbian/queer hermanas and a great opportunity to mingle & network with other queer/gay latinos of Philadelphia. The event is FREE!
NIGHT EVENT: DAME MAS! The official party of “ORGULLO!” In conjunction with Da V Lounge, join us in this unforgettable party night hosted by Goddess Isis and featuring Miss Gay Philadelphia Pride: Cyannie Famouz and up & coming pop singer JNathan.
Sweat it up on the dance floor with DJ’s Cookie, Terri and NiiLO playing the hottest latin music! There will be no other place in the city celebrating a Latino Pride like this!
Doors open at 9 p.m
Sean Thorton’s Public House on 2401 East Allegheny Ave
Vamos a celebrar lo nuestro!
for more information text daisy at 267.516.2096
ALESFORUM is always striving to improve the lives of LESBIAN WOMEN.
Here you will find certified services and job opportunities from home remodeling to real estate to fashion to mobile DJ’s that fit your lifestyle.
Lesbian Gay Nightclubs
If you have a trade or business and would like to be added to our database, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CHECK OUT Q FEST THIS YEAR!!!
FRIDAY JULY 19, 2013
SATURDAY JULY 20, 2013
Ritz East 2 Time Changes
- The Rugby Player - 5:00pm
Geography Club and It Had to Be You will be switching theaters.
QFest is excited to announce a NEW Advanced Ticket Sales Location for 2013. This year, we will exclusively be selling in-person advanced tickets at Giovanni’s Room at 345 S. 12th Street (12th & Pine). Ticketing hours will be 11:30am-7pm Monday- Saturday and 1pm-7pm on Sunday. Please note, this location is not handicap accesable. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
* Due to technical difficulties, we will no longer be selling tickets at William Way Community Center.
for more info…. Q FEST!